I don’t know about you, but packing overwhelms me. I like to start planning my outfits and accessories a week before the trip, although the actual packing doesn’t happen until a few days before. Yes, my husband packs the day of, which I find only a little infuriating. 😍 I always try to keep the following tips in mind when traveling:
- Never pack jewelry in a checked bag. I have heard too many horror stories of friends checking a bag with jewelry in it, only to discover the bag arrives at the destination minus the jewelry. Always keep your jewelry in a carry-on bag where you can keep a close watch on it, even as you pass through security.
- Leave the expensive stuff at home. Ever hear of someone going into the ocean on a beach vacation and coming out minus a diamond ring? It happens. Also, if you’re traveling to a destination that has a history of theft better not to draw attention to your jewelry and as a result, to you.
- Keep your jewelry organized. No one wants to spend a vacation untangling a mess of jewelry chains. Do yourself a favor and invest in a jewelry case. Traveling with earrings and rings? A pill box can serve as a jewelry holder. Environmentally conscious? Save the straws and use them to keep your necklaces from getting tangled. Simply thread the necklace through the straw and fasten.
- Always be mindful of where you leave your jewelry while staying in a hotel. If possible, lock your jewelry in a hotel safe during your stay. As you prepare to leave the hotel room for the day, be sure to do a quick sweep of the room to check for any valuables that you might have inadvertently left in view.
- Lastly, and my favorite, everyone needs some travel jewelry. Travel jewelry is jewelry which doesn’t break the bank. If by some misfortune, travel jewelry doesn’t make it home, you won’t be devastated. But of course, travel jewelry must still look amazing and complement your outfit.
Here’s hoping you have a fabulous and safe trip wherever you’re headed. Enjoy the travel accessory suggestions below!